IRC logs of #boinc for Wednesday, 2009-08-26

00:04 *** frkazoid0223 has joined #boinc

00:10 *** frkazoid0223 has quit IRC

00:40 *** efc has joined #boinc

01:18 *** Romulus has joined #boinc

01:18 *** xcamel_ has joined #boinc

01:18 *** ChanServ sets mode: +o xcamel_

01:18 *** xcamel has quit IRC

03:08 *** desti has joined #boinc

03:33 <quail> &wx ypad

03:33 <Romulus> quail: Temperature: 59°F / 15°C | Humidity: 63% | Pressure: 30.01in / 1016hPa | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 14mph / 22km/h | Updated: 4:30 PM CST; Scattered Clouds. High:57 F.; Clear. Low:46 F.; Clear. High:62 F.; Clear. Low:48 F.; Chance of Rain. High:64 F.; Rain. Low:46 F.;

03:34 <quail> 'noon all, how is everyone?

03:45 <efc> moo Q

03:46 <quail> meep meep efc

03:55 <efc> 995 francs for a book? Sounds like a lot.

04:36 *** efc has quit IRC

04:55 *** zombie_67 has quit IRC

04:55 *** KathrynM has quit IRC

04:55 *** MTughan has quit IRC

04:55 *** Turf has quit IRC

04:55 *** KathrynM has joined #boinc

04:55 *** zombie_67 has joined #boinc

04:56 *** MTughan has joined #boinc

04:56 *** Turf has joined #boinc

04:56 *** MTughan is now known as Guest81676

06:21 <wdsmia> &wx 50319

06:21 <Romulus> wdsmia: Temperature: 71.3F / 21.8C | Humidity: 94% | Pressure: 29.93in / 1013.4hPa (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NNW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Early This Morning - Cloudy with scattered thunderstorms. Patchy fog. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of thunderstorms 50 percent.; Today - Cloudy. Patchy fog through mid morning. Thunderstorms likely in the morning...then a (1 more message)

06:21 <wdsmia> &more

06:21 <Romulus> wdsmia: chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. High in the mid 70s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.; Tonight - Cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Low in the lower 60s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.;

06:30 <hawmps> 'lo

06:31 <wdsmia> morn

06:44 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

06:48 *** mnx has joined #boinc

08:28 *** wdsmia_w has joined #boinc

08:30 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

10:45 *** yoyo[RKN] has joined #boinc

10:55 <yoyo[RKN]> moin

10:56 <yoyo[RKN]> is there a way to check if a program uses sse or sse2 or sse3, e.g. by parsing the machine code?

11:22 *** mnx has quit IRC

11:25 *** Guest81676 is now known as MTughan

11:30 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

11:31 *** mnx has joined #boinc

11:32 <Tank_Master> yoyo[RKN]!

11:32 <Tank_Master> im your luser of the day :P

12:03 *** yomshleeshee has joined #boinc

12:30 *** synapt has quit IRC

12:32 *** synapt has joined #boinc

12:35 <MTughan> BOINCStats and PrimeGrid are back up.

12:39 <yoyo[RKN]> ;) Tank_Master

12:39 <Tank_Master> MTughan - BS was up last night

12:40 <MTughan> Tank_Master: And I don't sit around all day clicking refresh on Firefox.

12:40 <MTughan> I sit around all day talking to you instead. :P

12:47 <Tank_Master> heh

12:48 *** siofwolves has joined #boinc

12:49 <Tank_Master> when does BS update the stats anyway?

12:51 <yoyo[RKN]> MTughan : any idea if I can find out if a program binary uses sse2 or sse3 instructions?

12:51 <Tank_Master> huh, so glad I didnt pay for faster shipping

12:51 <Tank_Master> piced the "5-7 day" shipping, it went out last night at 5PM and will be here tomorrow

12:52 <Tank_Master> picked*

12:53 <MTughan> yoyo[RKN]: You could probably try to find an SSE2/3 instruction in the binary, but I don't know of a specific way myself.

12:54 <PovAddict> run it in a Pentium II, see if it crashes :)

12:55 <yoyo[RKN]> lol

13:11 *** yomshleeshee has quit IRC

13:19 *** mnx has quit IRC

13:22 *** nessmodiah has joined #boinc

13:25 <quail> 'evening all, how is everyone?

13:29 <quail> &wx ypad

13:29 <Romulus> quail: Temperature: 46°F / 8°C | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 29.98in / 1015hPa | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 10mph / 17km/h | Updated: 2:30 AM CST; Scattered Clouds. High:57 F.; Scattered Clouds. Low:46 F.; Clear. High:62 F.; Clear. Low:48 F.; Rain. High:64 F.; Rain. Low:46 F.;

13:44 *** mnx has joined #boinc

14:02 <desti> http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/26/its-a-meme-get-photoshop-warmed-up-and-win-a-bing-tshirt/

14:02 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/n9bghv> (at www.techcrunch.com)

14:25 *** zombie__67 has joined #boinc

14:25 *** mnx has quit IRC

14:29 *** mnx has joined #boinc

14:29 *** mnx has quit IRC

14:36 *** zombie__67 has quit IRC

14:39 *** zombie_67 has quit IRC

14:53 *** nessmodiah has quit IRC

14:54 *** nessmodiah has joined #boinc

14:58 *** nessmodiah has quit IRC

15:06 *** nessmodiah has joined #boinc

15:08 <MTughan> My favourite picture from desti's link... http://twitpic.com/fbj00

15:08 <Romulus> Title: Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter (at twitpic.com)

15:19 <PovAddict> http://www.huttstuff.com/microsoft.html heh, meme in a meme

15:19 <Romulus> Title: Microsoft: optymalizowanie infrastruktury produktywności biznesowej (at www.huttstuff.com)

15:19 <MTughan> You need UTF-8 on that page though.

15:20 *** siofwolves has quit IRC

15:38 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

16:28 *** jasong has quit IRC

16:29 *** jasong has joined #boinc

16:34 *** Tank_Master has quit IRC

16:34 *** Tank_Master has joined #boinc

16:35 * wdsmia_w needs a beer

16:37 *** nessmodiah has quit IRC

16:41 *** yoyo[RKN] has quit IRC

16:43 <jasong> If it's 6pm GMT, what time is it in the central time zone of the US?

16:44 <jasong> 1pm?

16:44 <jasong> or noon?

16:45 <PovAddict> look it up

16:45 <jasong> lol, k

16:48 <MTughan> CDT? 1PM.

16:48 <MTughan> CST, 12PM.

16:48 <PovAddict> PFT?

16:48 <MTughan> Pacific flat time? :P

16:48 <PovAddict> pffft

16:52 <wdsmia_w> its time to go home

16:53 *** wdsmia_w has quit IRC

17:15 <CoderForLife> 5:15 pffft here

17:16 <CoderForLife> ... hungry - bb after dinner

17:17 *** Eythan has quit IRC

17:17 *** yomshleeshee has joined #boinc

17:24 *** Nickuwo has quit IRC

17:33 <wdsmia> re-hi

17:34 <wdsmia> &wx 50319

17:34 <Romulus> wdsmia: Temperature: 70.1F / 21.2C | Humidity: 95% | Pressure: 29.97in / 1014.8hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Late This Afternoon - Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.; Tonight - Cloudy. Showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then scattered showers before (1 more message)

17:34 <wdsmia> &more

17:34 <Romulus> wdsmia: midnight. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Low in the lower 60s. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.; Thursday - Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. High in the lower 70s. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.;

18:24 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

18:33 *** desti has quit IRC

18:34 *** desti has joined #boinc

18:53 *** infinisoft has joined #boinc

19:10 <PovAddict> http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c267/ashworth614/1250667096881.jpg

19:10 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/mrbz8l> (at i29.photobucket.com)

19:24 *** yomshleeshee has quit IRC

20:05 *** yomshleeshee has joined #boinc

20:08 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

20:15 *** efc has joined #boinc

20:55 <CoderForLife> good one, PovAddict

20:55 <CoderForLife> beddy bye time

20:55 <CoderForLife> gn all

22:16 *** zombie67 has joined #boinc

22:30 *** yomshleeshee has quit IRC

22:55 <zombie67> hah!:  http://maxwell.dhcp.umsl.edu/brats/forum_index.php

22:55 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/m8ohx4> (at maxwell.dhcp.umsl.edu)

22:57 <PovAddict> time machine

22:59 <wdsmia> you mean its not 2003... where has the time gone

23:07 <jasong> h1n1 is here in my very small town, the first confirmed case

23:28 <zombie67> h1n1:  The wimpiest flu ever discovered

23:32 <jasong> Yeah, all the wind went out of sails when I discovered it was here in town.  Would be nice if I already had the shot in me, but I don't and might not at all this season.  But not by choice :(

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.4 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!