IRC logs of #boinc for Saturday, 2010-09-18

00:05 *** swivelsnoot has quit IRC

00:21 *** swivelsnoot has joined #boinc

00:23 *** zeleftikam has joined #boinc

00:23 <zeleftikam> I'm having trouble with the boinc command line tool

00:24 <zeleftikam> i got it set up and attached to a project, but i can't get it to do work. help

00:29 <desti> ?

01:02 *** devunt has joined #boinc

01:02 *** devunt has quit IRC

01:02 *** devunt has joined #boinc

01:51 *** efcNetbook has quit IRC

01:55 *** efcNetbook has joined #boinc

02:19 *** zeleftikam has quit IRC

02:26 *** desti_T2 has joined #boinc

02:31 *** desti has quit IRC

02:41 <efcNetbook> &wx las vegas, nv

02:41 <Romulus> efcNetbook: Temperature: 79.0F / 26.1C | Humidity: 10% | Pressure: 29.61in / 1002.6hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Tonight - Clear. Lows 65 to 69. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.; Saturday - Sunny. Highs around 93 on the west side of the valley... around 102 on the east side. Light wind becoming south 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.; Saturday (1 more message)

02:41 <efcNetbook> &more

02:41 <Romulus> efcNetbook: Night - Clear. Lows 65 to 71. South wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight.;

02:41 <efcNetbook> &wx 30625

02:41 <Romulus> efcNetbook: Temperature: 73F / 23C | Humidity: 81% | Pressure: 30.01in / 1016hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0mph / 0km/h ; Rest of Tonight - Mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 20 percent.; Saturday - Sunny. Highs in the lower (1 more message)

02:41 <efcNetbook> &more

02:41 <Romulus> efcNetbook: 90s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.; Saturday Night - Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds shifting to the south after midnight.;

03:07 *** efcNetbook has quit IRC

04:25 *** devunt has quit IRC

05:32 *** swivelsnoot has quit IRC

05:45 *** swivelsnoot has joined #boinc

05:57 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

05:57 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

05:57 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

05:59 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

06:02 *** swivelsnoot has quit IRC

06:09 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

06:12 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

06:16 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

06:16 *** fcestrada has quit IRC

06:19 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

06:21 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

06:23 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

06:36 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

06:39 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

06:46 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

06:50 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

06:53 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

06:56 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

07:03 <quail> what do people think is better? => http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/pub/fluxbox/2010-09-17_18-53-13_1440x900.png  or this with the lighter font colour => http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/pub/fluxbox/2010-09-18_20-23-47_1440x900.jpg

07:03 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/2ccmvno> (at quail.southernvaleslug.org)

07:15 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

07:18 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

07:42 *** Simone has quit IRC

07:43 *** Simone has joined #boinc

07:44 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

07:57 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

08:02 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

08:14 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

08:32 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

08:47 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

09:00 *** Simone has quit IRC

09:03 *** Simone has joined #boinc

09:12 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

09:26 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

09:35 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

09:38 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

09:45 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

09:48 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

10:05 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

10:19 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

10:28 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

10:40 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

11:12 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

11:15 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

11:25 *** swivelsnoot__ has joined #boinc

11:28 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

11:41 *** Simone has quit IRC

11:41 *** Simone has joined #boinc

12:01 <wdsmia> &wx 50319

12:01 <Romulus> wdsmia: Temperature: 53.3F / 11.8C | Humidity: 90% | Pressure: 30.22in / 1023.2hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Light Rain | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Rest of Today - Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Much cooler. High in the upper 50s. Temperature steady or slowly falling in the afternoon. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of (1 more message)

12:01 <wdsmia> &more

12:01 <Romulus> wdsmia: precipitation 60 percent.; Tonight - Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Low in the lower 50s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.; Sunday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. High in the mid 60s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.;

12:22 *** swivelsnoot_ has joined #boinc

12:26 *** swivelsnoot__ has quit IRC

13:12 *** bastik has joined #boinc

13:14 <PovAddict> quail: lighter text looks better, imo

13:28 *** swivelsnoot_ has quit IRC

13:48 *** infinisoft has joined #boinc

14:11 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

14:21 *** bastik has quit IRC

14:29 *** Edgeman has quit IRC

15:09 *** Jack-The-Ripper has quit IRC

15:11 *** Jack-The-Ripper has joined #boinc

16:24 *** cube has joined #boinc

16:25 <cube> hello

16:25 <cube> can you tell me if the boinc wiki up to date ?

16:25 <PovAddict> which?

16:25 <Romulus> It has been said that which is the cpu_time including the childs, PovAddict

16:25 <cube> I'm trying to run wrapper from sample apps

16:25 <cube> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/WrapperApp

16:25 <Romulus> Title: WrapperApp - BOINC - Trac (at boinc.berkeley.edu)

16:26 <cube> and in step "Run a script like"

16:26 <cube> i don't have files called 'input' or 'input2' in /downloads dir

16:26 <PovAddict> well those are your app's input files

16:27 <cube> also I don't have bin/dir_hier_path

16:27 <PovAddict> dir_hier_path should be in the 'bin' subdirectory of your project

16:29 <cube> ok, my fault, I probobly mistyped the name when greping bin contents because it's there

16:33 <cube> PovAddict: so, now when I'm looking at this bash script

16:33 <cube> copying is before create_work

16:33 <cube> this looks odd

16:34 <PovAddict> create_work expects the input files to be already in the correct download directory

16:35 *** Edgeman has joined #boinc

16:35 <PovAddict> and dir_hier_path outputs the correct directory path

16:36 <cube> ok, so where are those input files from ?

16:36 <cube> i see nothing about generating those on this wiki page

16:37 <PovAddict> that's whatever input needed by the app you're wrapping

16:39 <PovAddict> the sample 'worker' app described in that wiki page seems to just copy input into output

16:39 <PovAddict> so just make an input file containing "hello world" or something :P

16:39 <cube> PovAddict: cool, trying this right away

16:56 <CoderForLife> I'll cast a second vote for the lighter font color, quail

16:57 <CoderForLife> hey PovAddict =)

17:12 <CoderForLife> off to the laundromat - our washing machine is broken =(

17:15 <cube> PovAddict: thanks, it worked

17:33 *** licensed has joined #boinc

17:37 *** stux|RC-only has quit IRC

17:50 *** licensed has quit IRC

17:51 *** stux|RC-only has joined #boinc

18:21 *** up365 has quit IRC

18:33 *** up365 has joined #boinc

19:28 *** licensed has joined #boinc

20:06 *** licensed has quit IRC

20:48 *** zombie67 has joined #boinc

20:59 *** Tank_Master has quit IRC

21:05 *** infinisoft has quit IRC

21:05 *** Tank_Master has joined #boinc

23:40 *** RomW_ has joined #boinc

23:40 *** RomW has quit IRC

23:46 *** efc has joined #boinc

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.4 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!