IRC logs of #boinc for Wednesday, 2013-06-19

00:18 *** efc2 has joined #boinc

00:22 *** efc has quit IRC

00:22 *** efc2 has quit IRC

00:23 *** whynot has quit IRC

00:26 *** efc has joined #boinc

00:27 *** efc has quit IRC

00:33 *** efc has joined #boinc

00:35 *** efc has quit IRC

00:36 *** efc has joined #boinc

02:09 *** synapt- has joined #boinc

02:09 *** synapt has quit IRC

02:09 *** synapt- is now known as synapt

02:10 *** Haus` has joined #boinc

02:10 *** Haus_ has quit IRC

02:12 *** Haus` has quit IRC

02:12 *** Haus` has joined #boinc

02:14 *** yoyo[RKN] has quit IRC

02:35 *** Celelibi has quit IRC

02:44 *** Celelibi has joined #boinc

03:27 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

03:27 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

03:27 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

03:42 *** Caterpillar has joined #boinc

04:39 <dddh> heh

04:44 <dddh> do not understand why boinc thinks that my accounts at different projects belong to different people ;(

05:00 <dddh> I wish it was possible to merge them somehow

05:16 *** desti has joined #boinc

05:18 *** desti_T2 has quit IRC

06:15 *** efc2 has joined #boinc

06:16 *** efc has quit IRC

08:05 <dddh> for example http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/boinc-individual.php?cpid=a12484ccfd392756bd63ceb5c140a9e4 and http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/boinc-individual.php?cpid=748600048ece427aa6dcf8858fd5f753

08:05 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/kh7d4ob> (at www.boincsynergy.com)

08:06 <dddh> same email address and name

08:06 <dddh> from what I've read I thought email should be the same across all projects I participate

09:00 *** Starfury^ has joined #boinc

09:51 *** Starfury^ has left #boinc

10:29 *** efc2 has quit IRC

10:49 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

10:52 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

11:06 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

11:10 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

11:17 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

11:26 *** si has joined #boinc

11:33 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

11:35 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

11:52 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

11:53 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

12:59 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

13:00 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

13:01 *** RBecker has quit IRC

13:06 *** RBecker has joined #boinc

13:10 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

13:10 *** vk5fsck-15 has joined #boinc

13:11 *** vk5fsck-15 is now known as vk5fsck

13:22 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

13:22 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

13:23 *** RBecker has quit IRC

13:25 <PovAddict> dddh: if you don't have a client connected to both projects, the cross-project IDs will never sync up

13:27 <dddh> PovAddict: I had couple hosts connected to both projects

13:28 *** RBecker has joined #boinc

13:31 <dddh> PovAddict: trying to attach it one more time

13:41 <dddh> PovAddict: where from does boinc know that tasks are running on the same host?

13:43 <PovAddict> every project assigns you a random CPID

13:43 <PovAddict> the CPID is always accompained by the time it was creatd

13:44 <PovAddict> when the client connects to a project, the project gives the client the CPID and creation time; the client remembers this for each project

13:44 <PovAddict> but also, when the client connects to a project, the client *sends* the project the *oldest* CPID it knows of

13:44 <dddh> ok, but how do they know other projects in which I'm participating?

13:44 <PovAddict> so let's say you're a new user

13:46 <PovAddict> you create an account on SETI@Home, it assigns you the CPID f4b5f8cd with date June 19th

13:46 <PovAddict> tomorrow you create an account on Einstein@Home, it assigns you the CPID dff756bf with date June 20th

13:46 <PovAddict> but then the client tells Einstein that there's an older CPID f4b5f8cd

13:46 <PovAddict> done, now both projects have the same ID

13:47 <dddh> hm, for example I join SETI from hostA and Einstein from hostB, later hostA gets attached to Einstein

13:48 <dddh> is it going to tell Einstein that it had ID from SETI?

13:48 <PovAddict> if it's still also attached to SETI, yes

13:48 <dddh> and SETI will update ID?

13:48 <Tank_Master> i have on one host all my projects attached, even though 95% of them are set to NNW

13:49 <PovAddict> dddh: if SETI is the first account you created, SETI doesn't need to change its ID, Einstein's ID will be set to SETI's

13:50 <PovAddict> there's also stuff involving the email address (which is to stop you from manually setting your CPID to someone else's), but it's not important to understand how the propagation across projects works

13:51 <PovAddict> the only important effect of that is that if you change your email address, your CPID will change, so make sure you change it on all projects

13:55 *** camerin has quit IRC

13:55 *** camerin has joined #boinc

13:56 *** yoyo[RKN] has joined #boinc

13:56 <yoyo[RKN]> moin

13:56 <yoyo[RKN]> &wx sxf

13:57 <Romulus> yoyo[RKN]: Temperature: 88F / 31C | Humidity: 43% | Pressure: 29.92in / 1013hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 13mph / 20km/h ; Chance of a Thunderstorm. High:91 F.; Clear. Low:64 F.; Clear. High:89 F.; Scattered Clouds. Low:71 F.; Scattered Clouds. High:95 F.; Thunderstorm. Low:69 F.;

13:57 <yoyo[RKN]> &wx eze

13:57 <Romulus> yoyo[RKN]: Temperature: 50F / 10C | Humidity: 37% | Pressure: 30.30in / 1026hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 7mph / 11km/h ; Clear. High:51 F.; Clear. Low:33 F.; Clear. High:53 F.; Scattered Clouds. Low:35 F.; Clear. High:55 F.; Clear. Low:41 F.;

13:58 <dddh> so still have different cpids

13:58 <dddh> checked http://boinc.freerainbowtables.com/distrrtgen/stats/user.gz and http://www.gpugrid.net/stats/user.gz

13:58 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/lhcdnnj> (at boinc.freerainbowtables.com)

13:59 <PovAddict> that could be 24h old

14:00 *** RBecker has quit IRC

14:01 <dddh> I already tried parsing xml stats from projects I follow

14:01 <dddh> to understand why current stats sites are so slow ;(

14:03 <PovAddict> projects only create their stats files every day

14:03 <dddh> I see

14:04 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

14:05 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

14:07 *** RBecker has joined #boinc

14:08 <dddh> PovAddict: seems like it helped this time ;)

14:08 <dddh> Tank_Master: how many hosts do you have?

14:15 *** RBecker has quit IRC

14:21 *** RBecker has joined #boinc

14:23 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

14:23 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

14:26 <Tank_Master> 3 atm, but ive had as many as 60 in the past

14:31 *** si has quit IRC

14:53 *** vk5fsck-15 has joined #boinc

14:53 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

14:53 *** vk5fsck-15 is now known as vk5fsck

15:11 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

15:11 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

15:28 *** vk5fsck has quit IRC

15:28 *** vk5fsck has joined #boinc

15:43 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

16:39 *** whynot_ has joined #boinc

16:39 *** whynot_ is now known as whynot

16:41 <xcamel> &wx

16:41 <Romulus> xcamel: An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.

16:42 <xcamel> &wx 12074

16:42 <Romulus> xcamel: Temperature: 70.8F / 21.6C | Humidity: 47% | Pressure: 30.08in / 1018hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Wednesday - Clear. High of 72F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph.; Wednesday Night - Clear. Low of 45F. Winds less than 5 mph.; Thursday - Clear. High of 75F. Winds less than 5 mph.;

16:46 <Tank_Master> &wx hio

16:46 <Romulus> Tank_Master: Temperature: 60F / 16C | Humidity: 69% | Pressure: 29.99in / 1016hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Light Rain | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 6mph / 9km/h ; Wednesday - Overcast with rain. High of 64F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.; Wednesday Night - Overcast with rain, then a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 46F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of (1 more message)

16:46 <Tank_Master> &more

16:46 <Romulus> Tank_Master: rain 60%.; Thursday - Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 66F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.;

16:50 <Romulus> New news from boinc: Seeking testers for BOINC on Android

16:57 *** whynot has quit IRC

17:04 *** whynot has joined #boinc

17:10 <wdsmia> &wx 50319

17:10 <Romulus> wdsmia: Temperature: 84.8F / 29.3C | Humidity: 50% | Pressure: 29.99in / 1015hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 5.0mph / 8.0km/h ; Wednesday - Partly cloudy. High of 82F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.; Wednesday Night - Partly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers, then a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 66F. Winds (1 more message)

17:10 <wdsmia> &more

17:10 <Romulus> wdsmia: from the SSE at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.; Thursday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 86F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.;

17:10 *** microchip_ has quit IRC

17:13 *** microchip_ has joined #boinc

18:38 *** whynot has quit IRC

18:47 *** yoyo[RKN] has quit IRC

18:58 *** paul_l has quit IRC

18:59 *** paul_l has joined #boinc

19:16 *** zombie67 has joined #boinc

19:33 *** Caterpillar has quit IRC

20:17 *** efc has joined #boinc

21:09 *** synapt has quit IRC

21:10 *** desti has quit IRC

21:12 *** desti has joined #boinc

21:13 *** synapt has joined #boinc

22:22 *** Tamar has joined #boinc

23:04 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

23:32 *** Tamar has quit IRC

23:33 *** Tamar has joined #boinc

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.4 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!