IRC logs of #boinc for Wednesday, 2013-07-03

00:45 *** bozonius has joined #boinc

00:51 *** bozonius has quit IRC

00:51 *** bozonius has joined #boinc

01:42 *** bozonius has quit IRC

01:46 *** Tamar has quit IRC

02:00 *** bozonius has joined #boinc

02:48 *** DrCode has quit IRC

02:55 *** DrCode has joined #boinc

03:36 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

03:38 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

03:41 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

03:41 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

03:46 *** Caterpillar has joined #boinc

03:54 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

03:54 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

04:00 *** DrCode has quit IRC

04:02 *** DrCode has joined #boinc

04:04 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

04:15 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

04:23 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

04:29 <siamba> Caterpillar: morning

04:29 *** Switeck has left #boinc

04:31 <dddh> Caterpillar: "operating system, ram, cpu": openSUSE-1.23 - linux-3.7.10 x86_64, 8x8G - 64G, i7-3930K

04:31 <dddh> s/1.23/12.3

04:32 <dddh> I think GPU tasks can occupy enough resources

04:44 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

04:51 *** PovAddict has quit IRC

04:57 *** PovAddict has joined #boinc

05:41 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

05:41 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

05:41 *** Aeternus has joined #boinc

05:44 *** desti has quit IRC

05:45 *** desti has joined #boinc

06:40 <Caterpillar> dddh: GPU tasks obiousvly slow down the system

06:41 <Caterpillar> if you use it while gpu is working

06:41 <Caterpillar> cpu tasks don't

06:45 <dddh> because CPU tasks use FP maths

06:48 <Caterpillar> no

06:48 <Caterpillar> because CPU tasks have a priority

06:48 <Caterpillar> and BOINC tasks run at lowest priority

06:48 <Caterpillar> then your activities run smooth

06:49 <Caterpillar> GPU tasks cannot have a priority

06:49 <Caterpillar> GPU does not have a normal task scheduler

06:50 <dddh> I know ;(

06:55 <dddh> https://proposals.doeleadershipcomputing.org/allocations/incite/

06:55 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/kzo5zk7> (at proposals.doeleadershipcomputing.org)

07:08 <Caterpillar> dddh: so, were you referring to GPU calculus yesterday?

07:35 <dddh> Caterpillar: yes

07:36 <Caterpillar> ok

07:36 <Caterpillar> it's normal

07:36 <Caterpillar> use gpu when you are not on the computer

07:40 <dddh> I know

08:59 *** CoderForLife has quit IRC

09:42 <desti> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/google-create-a-native-linux-google-drive-application

09:42 <Romulus> <http://tinyurl.com/mf7too7> (at www.change.org)

10:02 *** Caterpillar has quit IRC

10:44 *** Aeternus has quit IRC

10:49 *** efc has quit IRC

14:56 *** yoyo[RKN] has joined #boinc

15:37 *** Caterpillar has joined #boinc

16:20 *** Switeck has joined #boinc

16:31 *** DrCode has quit IRC

16:49 *** Tank-Master has quit IRC

16:52 *** Tank_Master has joined #boinc

16:55 *** DrCode has joined #boinc

16:57 *** whynot has joined #boinc

16:59 *** Caterpillar has quit IRC

17:01 *** Tank_Master has quit IRC

17:18 *** Tank_Master has joined #boinc

17:28 <wdsmia_> &wx 50319

17:28 <Romulus> wdsmia_: Temperature: 82.5F / 28.1C | Humidity: 49% | Pressure: 30.00in / 1016hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h ; Wednesday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 82F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.; Wednesday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 61F. Winds less than 5 mph.; (1 more message)

17:28 <wdsmia_> &more

17:28 <Romulus> wdsmia_: Thursday - Partly cloudy. High of 84F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph.;

17:28 *** wdsmia_ is now known as wdsmia

18:24 <Switeck> you know you've been on the internet too long when you see *(1 more message)* (from Romulus's above message) and you try to click on that link.

18:36 *** CoderForLife has joined #boinc

18:36 *** ChanServ sets mode: +o CoderForLife

18:37 *** ChanServ sets mode: -o CoderForLife

18:41 <CoderForLife> &wx 45140

18:41 <Romulus> CoderForLife: Temperature: 78F / 25.6C | Humidity: 75% | Pressure: 30.08in / 1018hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 4mph / 6.4km/h ; Wednesday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 82F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.; Wednesday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a (2 more messages)

18:41 <CoderForLife> &more

18:41 <Romulus> CoderForLife: chance of rain. Low of 66F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 30% with rainfall amounts near 0.2 in. possible.; Thursday - Overcast with thunderstorms, then thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. Fog early. High of 77F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.4 in. possible.; Flash Flood Watch for Hamilton County in effect until (1 more message)

18:42 <CoderForLife> &more

18:42 <Romulus> CoderForLife: 6:00 PM EDT on July 05, 2013;

19:12 *** whynot has quit IRC

20:24 *** Tank_Master has quit IRC

20:54 *** efc has joined #boinc

20:59 *** Tank_Master has joined #boinc

21:05 <efc> &wx 30625

21:05 <Romulus> efc: Temperature: 72F / 22.2C | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 30.14in / 1020hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 2mph / 3.2km/h ; Wednesday - Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers, then thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 82F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 in. possible.; (2 more messages)

21:07 <efc> &more

21:07 <Romulus> efc: Wednesday Night - Overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers, then a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain after midnight. Fog overnight. Low of 70F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 in. possible.; Thursday - Overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers. High of 82F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall (1 more message)

21:07 <efc> &more

21:07 <Romulus> efc: amounts near 0.3 in. possible.; Flash Flood Watch for Morgan County in effect until 8:00 AM EDT on July 05, 2013;

23:03 *** efc has quit IRC

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.4 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!